Current Opening @ NJAAP
Part Time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant Position Immediate Opening
The NJ Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (NJAAP) is seeking a part time (16 hour a week) Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper to support our finance department. Candidates must possess the skills outlined in the Position Description, below.
- Processing and recording customer payments made by check and credit card
- Creating and delivering invoices and statements
- Processing and recording bills, issuing and delivering payment of bills
- Assisting in the preparation of audits and 990s
- Interfacing with the company accountant to provide needed materials
- Financial planning and related research
- Other accounting and bookkeeping tasks as needed
- monitoring submission of expense claims by the employees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Administrative skills
- At least two years of experience in a bookkeeping or accounting related position.
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine appreciation of and commitment to NJAAPs mission and vision
- Highly proficient using Quick Books
- Ability and willingness to think about, create, design, and implement solutions as a part of a team, while remaining self-directed and retaining an individual approach to work goals. Must have excellent adaptability and resourcefulness.
- Excellent task management skills that will allow the applicant to handle multiple projects, varying in scope and size.
- Expert experience with desktop computing and Internet-based applications, including word processing, spreadsheet manipulation, professional electronic mail etiquette, and online research.
- General understanding of and appreciation for the technologies and culture of the Internet
- Excellent skills in MS Office
- knowledge and prior experience of accounting practices for non-profit organization is a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Note that we put a strong focus on an applicant’s drive to learn and adapt to the demands of the position, and so a demonstrated ability to succeed in that capacity may balance out any lack of qualifications or experience. For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018. Interviews will be conducted in April.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
The NJAAP offices are located at 50 Millstone Road, Building 200, Suite 130, East Windsor, NJ 08520
Interested in working at NJAAP?? Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, along with area of interest and salary requirements.