MEDICAL MALPRACTICE INSURANCE THROUGH MEDICAL MUTUAL
The NJ Chapter, AAP preferred rates are approximately 20% less than MMIC’s already excellent standard rates for pediatricians. However, in addition to offering simply great rates and insurance, MMIC is committed to creating meaningful value for members – from medical malpractice to cyber-liability, to regulatory and compliance issues, to risk management (financial and liability), MMIC is poised and prepared to respond to all of your needs.
- Educational Resources: Risk Management Handbook – MMIC’s Handbook contains 25 chapters on the most common malpractice risk questions, and reflects regulations and nationally recognized standards regarding topics such as Patient termination, Record retention, Medical practice closure or provider departure, Advanced practice providers, Unlicensed assistive personnel, and Telemedicine. View MMIC’s Risk Management Handbook by visiting www.medicalmutualgroup.com/rm-handbooks.
- Webinettes – Lunch Bytes are webinettes or mini webinars lasting less than 10 minutes, providing quick overviews of risk management topics and covering information vital to managing risk in a practice. Topics include medical record release, scope of practice, managing patient complaints, electronic communication, and emergency medicine. Visit www.medicalmutualgroup.com/webinettes to learn more.
- Webinars – The following Risk Management webinars are available to members:
- Tap-Dancing in the Minefield: FMLA, ADA, and Workers’ Compensation Issues for Employers
- Nondiscrimination in Health Care
- An Introduction to Value-Based Healthcare
- In-Office Dispensing – A Primer for Physicians
- Healthcare Compliance 101
Visit www.medicalmutualgroup.com/rm-webinars to view a full list of Risk Management Webinars.
Membership in Medical Mutual is a true investment. The Legacy Fund – savings accounts for physicians or practices, funded by a portion of Medical Mutual’s net income – offers members the chance to benefit financially from the success of the company. The Value of Membership Continues to Grow:
- $134 Million Cumulative Legacy Fund and dividend allocations
- $105.6 Million Legacy Fund allocations to members since 2009
- $28.4 Million dividends paid to members since 2008
- $95,779 largest individual physician Legacy Fund balance
- $63,021 largest individual physician Legacy Fund payment
Learn more by visiting www.medicalmutualgroup.com/the-legacy-fund
HRIExperts offers unlimited, confidential human resources guidance as a benefit of membership in Medical Mutual. Your on-call HR consultant provides timely educational resources covering HR trends and topics. Visit www.medicalmutualgroup.com/hrexperts to learn more.
The MedNotes blog is about educating our members, sharing insights, and highlighting industry trends. The blog was created to ignite a two-way, transparent conversation and to stay connected with practice administrators, physician members, and colleagues in the professional liability insurance space. Check out the latest articles at www.medicalmutualgroup.com/mednotes-blog
HOW CAN YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE EXCELLENT RATES?
- Call Joe Mezzano at 908-930-4749 to obtain a quote.
- You must be a member of the NJAAP Chapter. If you are not a member, you must join the Chapter. You can join by clicking here.
- You must join the NJAAP Purchasing Alliance by applying online or filling out and mailing the Purchasing Alliance Application Form along with a check for the annual membership fee ($150 for Jan-Dec period) to NJAAP Purchasing Alliance, Inc. First-year prorated membership information is on the Purchasing Alliance form.