Grand Rounds Presentation with data through Dec. 2015 – Early Identification of CHD with POx Screening
NJ Guidance for Implementation and Reporting of Critical Congenital Heart Defects Screening in the NICU/SCN – Webinar recorded on 5.2.17 and 5.8.17 – View/Print Slides
From ALD to Zika: Newborn Screening and Surveillance in NJ (2017)
Keeping the Beat Conference (2015) –
The following presentations were given at the ‘Keeping the Beat: Pediatric Cardiac Screening and Management of Congenital Heart Disease” conference on March 24, 2015 in Monroe, New Jersey.
Management of CHD in Childhood & Adolescence Panel Presentation [PDF]
Free education resource! Newborn Screening for Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) Using Pulse Oximetry
This program is approved for 1.75 nursing contact hours. Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider Number 106-1-16-19. Approval Number: 3-17-2. A certificate of continuing education will be awarded upon successful completion of all course requirements. Partial credit is not awarded. Only one certificate is issued per course participant; however, content may be reviewed at any time after the certificate is issued. Approval for nursing credit will expire on April 30, 2019.
This Free Online Program Will Help You:
- Understand why CCHD screening is important for early detection of critical heart defects in newborns
- Learn more about the cardiac defects that are targeted for screening
- Understand and correctly apply the New Jersey Recommended Screening Algorithm
- Gain practical tips for screening
- Discover real benefits of CCHD screening by learning about screening successes in NJ
- Earn 1.75 CNE hours when you complete the modules and pass the post-test
To Access the Course:
- Go to https://trainingcourses.rutgers.edu/online/cchd/story.html
- Navigate through the course, ensuring that you complete and submit the pre-test in the course introduction.
- When you reach the post-test, ensure that you enter your full name as you’d like it to appear on your certificate of completion.
- After passing the post-test, complete the course evaluation.
- After the evaluation is complete, you will be presented with a certificate of completion. Use either your browser controls or the “print screen” function to save and/or print your certificate. IMPORTANT: Do not move forward from the certificate of completion screen until after you have printed or saved your certificate. You will not be able to return to the screen once you proceed.
- If you have any technical issues, please contact Emily Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org.