Identification & Management: Lead Poisoning & Asthma Care [Webinar / Presentation] – 1.0 CME Credit Awarded
This 1-credit webinar, “Identification and Management of Lead Poisoning and Asthma Care,” is being made available as enduring material for all providers interested in learning more about lead poisoning and prevention, the many sources of lead, those at highest risk, its health implications, and what to do when an elevated lead level is detected. This webinar is being presented by the New Jersey Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics, with funding from the New Jersey Department of Health.
By participating in this archived webinar, registrants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of conducting lead exposure surveillance and screening children for lead poisoning
- Utilize training resources so you know what to do, and who to contact, should you identify a patient with elevated lead levels or other health hazard
- Serve as a reliable source of recovery information in order to help prevent exposure to lead and other housing-based hazards
- Promote the maintenance of a healthy home
- Identify the link between a change in housing status as a result of a natural disaster, and the health manifestations you will see in the clinical setting
Atlantic Health Systems Hospital
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Medical Society of New Jersey through the joint providership of Atlantic Health System and the American Academy of Pediatrics, New Jersey Chapter. Atlantic Health System is accredited by the Medical Society of New Jersey to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: Atlantic Health System designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits recorded on June 2, 2015. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.