The New Jersey Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (NJAAP) is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of children in the state of New Jersey.
Basic Beliefs and Values
- We will always promote the health and well-being of children and adolescents.
- Our credibility will be unassailable with pediatricians, regulators, allied professionals and organizations and healthcare consumers
- We will seek to anticipate and respond to critical issues that impact children, adolescents and healthcare professionals
Our strategy is based on the following assumptions being true:
- Healthcare professionals that serve children and adolescents will seek, value on the services that we offer
- Healthcare professionals that effectively manage their practices are more likely to deliver high quality healthcare services to patients.
- If we don’t lobby for legislation(s) that balance the needs of pediatricians and the interests of children and adolescents, the critical interests of these groups can be overlooked
- Specialists provide highest quality care for their patients (and pediatricians are better trained in children’s health care than any other type of practitioner).