NJAAP is seeking a Full Time Program Manager (40 hours/week) to support the Mental Health Collaborative Program
The NJAAP Program Manager is assigned to a program or programs. In this role, the responsibilities include program coordination (e.g. trainings; meetings/ events; data collection & other duties as needed to fulfill program goals and objectives). Program Managers report to the Program Director.
As a key member of the Mental Health Collaborative (MHC) program, the Program Manager will actively work with staff, leadership from partner organizations, and other national and state healthcare leaders to improve access to mental/behavioral health care among children and adolescents in New Jersey. The Program Manager will play a lead role in implementation of highly effective public health programs that are conducted in accordance with the highest ethical standards of practice and adhere to budget and schedule requirements.
The Program Manager’s role includes assisting in planning and conducting training sessions for healthcare providers; planning and conducting meetings and events; data collection and data tracking; development of communication materials, website content; and other duties as needed to fulfill NJAAP’s program goals and objectives. The MHC Program Manager is a full member of the NJAAP team and over time may be assigned to other NJAAP programs depending on funding and organizational needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively participate in planning and executing MHC initiatives, including establishing linkages and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategies for quality improvement projects to improve behavioral health integration in pediatric primary and specialty care, at the practice level.
- Conduct outreach to recruit pediatric clinicians for participation in educational initiatives
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or moderate webinars and other educational events.
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or lead meetings and training events; report on meetings and events as needed.
- Work with the Program Director of the MHC program to develop, write and edit communication materials for MHC programs, educational campaigns, website, newsletters, and social media.
- Maintain relevant program documentation including evaluations, outcomes measures, and reports required for grants; analyze program results and outcomes and disseminate results.
- Synthesize scientific evidence from a variety of text and electronic sources and integrate results into program design and implementation.
- Generate proposals, agendas, and reports for grant funded programs as assigned.
- Research, compile, and disseminate resources to expand MHC’s technical assistance efforts.
- Track and submit required applications and documentation related to the issuance of CME (Continuing Medical Education), CEU (Continuing Education Units), and MOC (Maintenance of Certification) credits.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of program databases to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The Program Manager must have highly developed interpersonal skills and the professional demeanor necessary to deal effectively with constituents with a wide range of backgrounds and professions. She/he must be deeply committed to improving health for children and adolescents in New Jersey and to providing results-driven programs that have measurable impact. The Program Manager must be prepared to represent the NJAAP in exemplary fashion in professional and public settings and must possess a deep familiarity with best practices and quantitative methods in public health.
Other key requirements for the Program Manager position are:
- Active participation in NJAAP team meetings and agency functions as a member of the NJAAP team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to use social media to effectively communicate with various audiences.
- Analytical skills sufficient to interpret scientific research and program outcomes data. Ability to integrate the findings from quantitative and qualitative data into organizational operations.
- Ability and desire to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to plan and coordinate programs and implement them on time.
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office and database management.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and complete objectives with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends on occasion to meet NJAAP or program needs and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 3-5 years of experience managing health-related programs; Master’s degree in public health, health communications, public administration or other related field preferred.
- Ability to lift approximately 20 lbs.
- Ability to drive to locations statewide for meetings and/or events with own transportation.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
This position reports to the Program Director of the Mental Health Collaborative program.
NJAAP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
NJAAP offers a competitive salary benefits for this position.
For additional information or to express interest please send resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MHC”, Attn: Jocelyn Claudio, HR Consultant