The NJ Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (NJAAP) has received an 18-month grant from the NJ DHHS, Division of Disability Services for “Improving Oral Health Across the Lifespan” Program (IOHAL) to drive impactful decision-making in promoting disability inclusion strategies that support health and well-being for people with disabilities. To find more information on the grant and other grantees in an interactive map, click here.
This initiative was funded (or funded in part) by an Inclusive Healthy Communities Grant from the Division of Disability Services, New Jersey Department of Human Services.
The Dynamic Duo: Oral Health and Dental Care for People with I/DD Disabilities
Preparing Individuals with Disabilities for a Dental Visit
ST. JOSEPH CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL PEDIATRIC GRAND ROUNDS RECORDINGS
This initiative was funded (or funded in part) by an Inclusive Healthy Communities Grant from the Division of
Disability Services, New Jersey Department of Human Services.
Case-Based Webinar Series – CME/CEU Approved
- Integrating Oral Health into Primary Care (October 5th, 2021) Speakers: Evan Spivack, DDS, FAGD, and Cheryl Panem, MD:
- The Management and Assessment of Oral Health for Patients with Special Needs (October 12th, 2021) Speakers: Lucille M. Esralew, Ph.D, and Ryan P. Scally, DMD
- Correlation between Oral Health, Nutrition, Diabetes/Heart Disease (October 19th, 2021) Speakers: Jane Ziegler, DCN, RDN, LDN, and Mark Robinson, DMD
- Youth with Disabilities: Transition to Adult Integrative Oral Health Care (October 26th, 2021) Speakers: David Fray D.D.S, and Stephen Marcella MD, MPH
- Advocating for the Oral Health Needs of Children and Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (November 2, 2021) Speakers: Cathleen M. Ballance, MD, MPH, FAAP, Evan Spivack, DDS, FAGD, and Juliana David, M Ed