Every child deserves a medical home.
The Medical Home is a process for achieving pediatric primary care excellence that is delivered in the right place, at the right time, and in the manner that best meets the patient’s needs. This team-based approach promotes prevention, wellness and chronic care management while fostering strong and trusting relationships between families and providers. Above all, the medical home is a place and process where families know care for their child is accessible, coordinated, culturally sensitive, and where parents and caregivers are integral partners of the health care team.
NJAAP’s Advanced Primary Care Program (APC) prepares your practice for the value-based future at no cost to you
How will this benefit my practice?
- Technical assistance to identify improvement areas and to address practice work flow challenges
- Build the skills to improve systems of care to provide better patient outcomes at lower cost
- Optional- Position your practice to participate in the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition program
How do I participate?
Step 1: Complete an initial assessment survey
Step 2: Introductory office visit with the NJAAP Certified Medical Home team
Step 3: Follow-up virtual meetings to develop customized plans
Our team has access to resources to address the priority areas of improvement that you have identified. Targeted areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Process Documentation
- Comprehensive Care, using evidence and best-practice
- Care Coordination
- Referral System to Supports/Services
- Tracking and Follow-up Systems
- Electronic Health Record Optimization
- Use of Registries and Public Health Information Systems
- Patient and Family Engagement