Available to Those Who Provide Primary Care to Children
in Monmouth and Ocean Counties
TIME SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
NJ-InCK is seeking to procure a Needs Assessment Tool to capture screening information of a targeted pediatric population in Monmouth and Ocean counties in New Jersey. NJ-InCK requires a solution that can be delivered to patients and families as a self-assessment tool. The solution will have multiple assessments based on the patient age and should deliver the assessment via web links or through a market application. Any solution introduced into the NJ-InCK environment must conform to NJ-InCK security policies, performance standards, and code review.
- NJ-InCK Initiative Needs Assessment Tool RFP
- Financial Worksheet NJ-InCK Needs Assessment Tool Solution RFP
- Needs Assessment Tool Responses to Bidders Questions (Q&A)
NJ-InCK will routinely answer and post to this page questions and answers related to this procurement. Questions were accepted via email until 5:00 pm EST on January 19th. Q&A responses were made available on January 22nd.
Benefits of Participating In This Program
- • Expanded payment for annual screening of all children enrolled in NJ Family Care
- • NJ Medicaid will develop an APM to support case management teams for families and children with high health complexity
- • NJ Medicaid will work collaboratively to ensure active engagement
- • For children and families with the greatest health complexity, a team of community health workers, social workers, and others will partner closely with practices to develop shared plans of care
- • Information on all core community child services and referral processes will be provided to your practice to assist with integration of care and improve community support for all families, regardless of health complexity level
- • Education on the program and related topics will be provided for all practice teams
- • Practice teams will be engaged on all aspects of care management
- • Maintenance of Certification Credits will be offered for Part 2 and 4 credit
- • Support for clinicians to increase skills and move their practice to NCQA status
- • Telehealth for some services
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH), in partnership with NJ Medicaid, NJ Health Care Quality Institute and the Visiting Nurse Association of Central Jersey, has entered into a collaborative agreement with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to establish the NJ Integrated Care for Kids (InCK) model. Working with those who provide primary care to children in Monmouth and Ocean Counties, NJ InCK will test an Alternative Payment Model (APM), for NJ Family Care programs, by providing payment for screening and provision of integrated community based core child health services. Beginning January 1, 2022 all practices accepting NJ Family Care in Monmouth and Ocean Counties will receive expanded payment for completing screening of those children.
The goals of the InCK model are:
- Ensure that all children receive expanded EPSDT care at least annually;
- Identify children and adolescents who have more complex health, behavioral or social needs; and
- Provide community based care management that integrates with the pediatric health system.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: The New Jersey Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (NJAAP) is partnering with HMH on the CMS InCK model to provide education and support in the early identification and treatment of children with health-related needs and to integrate existing services within the health delivery system to make resources more accessible for children and families.
Available in Monmouth and Ocean Counties
This NJ InCK project is supported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $2.3 million with 100 percent funded by CMS/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by CMS/HHS, or the U.S. Government.